Facing Jerusalem

Facing Jerusalem

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Indisputable Proof of Who Really Holds the Deed to the Land !

Who REALLY has ownership rights to the land  called Israel ----  the Jews, or the Palestinians?  Tracing back ownership, we see that Scripture proves that the original property-owner was God, and  He deeded the land to  the Jews.   We can see clear evidence of  God’s original ownership as He Himself declares:  A nation has invaded my land…”.  (Joel 3:6)  and  “ I will put the nations on trial because they divided up my land. “( Joel 3:1). [Red Alert:  government leaders need to stop pushing Israel to divide up the land and the Holy City Jerusalem.  These advisers are going to suffer severe judgments from God Himself for pressuring Israel to do so.]   On Mt. Sinai, God told Moses “ the land is mine… and you reside in my land. (Lev. 25:23)  In Deuteronomy we are told that God “will… make atonement for His land and people.” (Deut. 32:43)  Even though it is self-evident that God is the Creator/owner of all the earth, from these verses above we see that  in an exceptional  way, God most definitely considered the land of Israel to be particularly His Land,  unlike any other acreage on earth. It was His  divine ownership that made the land incomparably Holy.  God, exercising land-owner distributory rights, then gave the Land to the Jews (the descendants of  Abraham’s God-promised son Jacob, by his legitimate wife Sarah).  God did not deed the Land to  the Palestinians  ( the descendants of Abraham’s son Ishmael, by the concubine Hagar).  He said to Moses on Mt. Sinai “When you enter the land I am going to give you…,” (Lev. 25:1)  In Deuteronomy 32  God told Moses to climb Mt. Nebo  and “ view Canaan, the land I am giving the Israelites as their own possession. (Deut. 32:49)  In II Chronicles 7 we observe that the Israelites, unfortunately,  did not always obey God, so He punished them – “ then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them.” (II Chron. 7:20).  However, even though He punished them, God continued to love His people  and promised  in Isaiah 54: “ with deep compassion I will bring you back….  My unfailing love for you will not be shaken.”  Perhaps the most poignant promise of all is given by the prophet Ezekiel in chapter 37:  ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: ‘My people, I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 14   I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone….22 I will make them one nation, on the mountains of Israel. They will be my people, and I will be their God.” Therefore, it is clear from these Scriptures (even if they were not in underlined type !)  that:
  •   1. the Land of Israel was owned by God and
  •   2. treasured by Him in a very unique way.  
  •   3. He then gave the Land exclusively to His Chosen People, the Jews. 
  • 4.  God promises to bring all the Jews back to the Land of Israel where they will, once again, be one united nation and reside on the mountains of Israel as His People.
 We must never forget that God’s promises always come true.