Facing Jerusalem

Facing Jerusalem

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We find what we look for.

Digging up the Hebraic Roots of Christianity has revealed many new Scriptural treasures for me. I guess I'm just one of these people with an overwhelming compulsion to get this Christianity thing "right". I want to know God and to know what He wants, expects, and approves. I can't just "wing it" on this earthly journey. Living the Christian life is not about taking the lazy way and guessing at things, or trusting my own opinion or the opinions of others. Deuteronomy 4:29 says that "You will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." Psalm 14:2 tells me that God looks down from Heaven to see if I am seeking Him. Psalm 105:3 tells me that my heart will rejoice if I seek Him. Proverbs 2 says that if I seek God, I will find the knowledge of Him. And Hebrews 11:6 confirms that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. One way to seek God is in His Scriptures for He reveals Himself to us in them. I think that Biblical ignorance leaves us starving Spiritually. I read somewhere that, to the Jews, the highest form of worship is to study the Word of God. That just makes sense, doesn't it? Some of the Scriptures can be more difficult to understand, yet if it is important enough to us to understand His word, then we will do the study and the digging and He will reveal this knowledge, again - "you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart..." No time or effort spent seeking God in His Word is wasted because "He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." To sum it up, I guess my favorite verse about this topic is: Now set your mind and heart to seek the Lord your God.” (1 Chronicles 22:19) (Funny, I thought I was going to write about the Names of God today, but this topic took over completely. I guess "seeking" was supposed to be today's subject, God must think it's pretty important.) Maybe I'll do the Names tomorrow( if God doesn't have other plans for me). Anyway, .....Shalom.